Condo HO6 Insurance in South Carolina

How to get the best rates and protect your personal possessions

South Carolina Condo Insurance

As a condominium owner you have special insurance needs.

Your condominium building structure and all common property are usually protected by a special policy purchased through the condominium association, but what about your personal belongings, theft losses, and personal liability protection? If you are on the ground level and your upstairs neighbor has a water leak, who will pay for your damages? If lightning strikes and your computer and tv are ruined, will you have to replace them out of pocket?

Q Why would I need a condominium owners policy if my association has insurance?

A - Your association does not provide insurance protection for the personal belongings in your individual unit or for damages resulting from an accidental loss in which you become legally obligated.

Many assosciations do not replace windows or screened porches when damaged. If you care at all about your furnishings, including computers, televisions, etc., then you need to protect yourself with condo HO6 insurance. H06 insurance also protects against loss from fire, internal or accidental water damage (not flooding from rain or overflowing bodies of water), lightning damage, and liability losses for accidents to visitors in your home. Theft is included if the condo is your primary residence, but not for investment or rental units.
**Note: In certain coastal areas, an HO6 policy will not include wind damage. Due to hurricane losses, wind and hail insurance is provided through the South Carolina Wind and Hail Underwriting Association and is a separate policy from your condo HO6 policy. You might want to see our questions about what HO6 insurance covers with "Ask the Insurance Agent", too.

How to get the CHEAPEST HO6 Insurance?

A - If you want to keep your insurance rates as low as possible on all your policies, keep all your insurance with one company! One of the biggest discounts available for your South Carolina car insurance is the Multiple Policy Discount!   Be sure your car, home, and life insurance is with the same company (You don't have to live in SC!) and you'll be amazed at the lower premiums. We can show you exactly how to invest your insurance dollars the best way, and find all the discounts possible for your individual situation.

If you are renting a condo, you need Renters Insurance. See more information about this on our SC Renters Insurance page!

Call us today or fill out a condo insurance quote form. Ask us to show you how to get the cheapest car insurance by combining your Condo and Auto insurance with us. You'll be in good hands!

Mobile Home Insurance | Identity Theft Protection | Carolina Insurance Blog | Government Insurance Websites | Privacy Policy